Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Back from London!

I spent the last few days in London with my husband. It's only an one hour flight from where we live in Germany but it was only the second time that I was there.

I loved it. Not just because of the sightseeing but because I finally met my lovely agent Julia Churchill! I had lunch with her, my editor Rebecca and Anna from Usborne. And I had dinner with my amazing crit partner Tracy and her husband.
Meeting all those people reminded me again why I love publishing so much. The people are just awesome.


Before we arrived in London I promised my husband not to buy books because we booked our flight with Ryanair and they don't allow passengers to take lots of luggage. Well, I was determined not to get any new books but then I saw the book shop and went in. My husband got that resigned glint in his eyes when he watched me browsing the books. I managed to take only seven new books back home with me. That's not too bad, I guess.

Oh, and I finally had Fish & Chips!

Check out my guest post for The League of Extraordinary Writers! It's about aliens and apocalypse and X-Files!

9 comments:

Katie Ashley said...

So glad you had an awesome trip!! Great pics too btw!!!

Anonymous said...

Ach, wie schön! Ich freue mich für dich, Susannelein. :) Jetzt gehe ich deinen Guest-Eintrag zu lesen.

--Shveta

K M Kelly said...

Ha ha - you've been in Blighty while I've been in Germany!!

Sounds like you had a great time - but fish and chips - in London? Fish and chips have to be eaten by the sea watching the fishing boats return and fending off the greedy gulls!! But then I live by the sea so I'm biased ;-)

Kathy Bradey said...

YAY! Great pics!

So glad it all went well :)

Connie Keller said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. (I'm trying hard not to be jealous ;)

Ted Cross said...

London is my family's favorite vacation spot!

Nomes said...

That is SO awesome how it is only an hour away by plane. I very much want to go to the UK one day (Germany would be just lovely too :)

x Nomes

Talli Roland said...

Sounds like you had a great trip here! :)

Aleeza said...

ohmigosh, LONDON! id so kill to go there. sounds like you had loads of fun though!
and that 'resigned glint' made me crack up. i could totally picture it--my sister has this very particular look too whenever we walk into a bookstore and i whiz up to the recently-stocked YA section. hehe :D